Text of a Letter from the President to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate
Issued on: July 14, 2020
Dear Madam Speaker: (Dear Mr. President:)
Pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.) and the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.), I hereby report I have issued an Executive Order (the “order”) that declares a national emergency with respect to the recent actions taken by the People’s Republic of China to fundamentally undermine Hong Kong’s autonomy. The order further declares that Hong Kong is no longer sufficiently autonomous to justify differential treatment in relation to the People’s Republic of China under the U.S. laws and provisions set forth in the order. The order directs the heads of executive departments and agencies to commence all appropriate actions to carry out the policy of the United States to suspend or eliminate different and preferential treatment for Hong Kong, to the extent permitted by law and in the national security, foreign policy, and economic interest of the United States.
根據《國際緊急狀態經濟權力法》(IEEPA)(《美利堅合眾國法典》第50編第1701節以下)和《國家緊急狀態法》(《美利堅合眾國法典》第50編第1601節以下) ，我特此報告，我已發佈了一項行政命令(本“命令”) ，就中華人民共和國最近採取的從根本上破壞香港自治的行動，宣佈國家進入緊急狀態。該命令進一步宣佈，根據美國法律和該命令所規定的條款，香港不再具有足夠的自主權，因而不能證明對其施行與中華人民共和國區別對待（的合理性）。該命令指示各行政部門和機構的首長採取一切適當行動執行美國的政策，在法律允許的範圍內，為了美國的國家安全、外交政策和經濟利益，暫停或取消對香港的差別優惠待遇。
The order blocks the property and interests in property of foreign persons determined by the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury, or the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State:
- To be or have been involved, directly or indirectly, in the coercing, arresting, detaining, or imprisoning of individuals under the authority of, or to be or have been responsible for or involved in developing, adopting, or implementing, the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the Hong Kong Administrative Region; – 直接或間接參與或曾參與脅迫、逮捕、拘留、監禁受《中華人民共和國香港特別行政區維護國家安全法》管轄的人員，或負責或曾負責或參與制定、採納、實施《中華人民共和國香港特別行政區維護國家安全法》的；
- To be responsible for or complicit in, or to have engaged in, directly or indirectly, any of the following: 直接或間接地對下列行為負責或共謀或參與:
- actions or policies that undermine democratic processes or institutions in Hong Kong; 破壞香港民主進程或制度的行動或政策;
- actions or policies that threaten the peace, security, stability, or autonomy of Hong Kong; 威脅香港的和平、安全、穩定或自治的行動或政策;
- censorship or other activities with respect to Hong Kong that prohibit, limit, or penalize the exercise of freedom of expression or assembly by citizens of Hong Kong, or that limit access to free and independent print, online or broadcast media; or 與香港有關的審查或其他活動，（包括）禁止、限制或懲罰香港公民行使言論自由或集會自由，或限制接觸自由獨立的印刷品、網上或廣播媒體;或
- the extrajudicial rendition, arbitrary detention, or torture of any person in Hong Kong or other gross violations of internationally recognized human rights or serious human rights abuse in Hong Kong; 在香港對任何人實施法外引渡、任意拘留或酷刑，或在香港實施其他嚴重侵犯國際公認人權或嚴重踐踏人權的行為;
- To be or have been a leader or official of: 是或曾是以下方面的領導人或官員:
- an entity, including any government entity, that has engaged in, or whose members have engaged in, any of the activities described above; or 曾從事或其成員曾從事上述任何活動的實體，包括任何政府實體; 或
- an entity whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order. 根據本命令被凍結財產和財產權益的實體
- To have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technological support for, or goods or services to or in support of, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this section; 對曾給予物質援助、擔保或提供財政、物質或技術支援，或向其提供貨物或服務或支援，而根據本條被凍結其財產和財產權益的任何人；
- To be owned or controlled by, or to have acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this section; or 對直接或間接為（以上領導人或官員）所擁有或控制，或曾為其行事或聲稱為其行事或代表，而根據本條被凍結其財產和財產權益的任何人；或
- To be a member of the board of directors or a senior executive officer of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this section.作為董事會成員或高級執行官員並根據本條被凍結其財產和財產權益任何人。
The order also delegates to the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State, the authority to take such actions, including adopting rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA as may be necessary to implement the order.
Under section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (8 U.S.C. 1182(f)), the order also suspends the unrestricted immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens determined to meet one or more of the criteria above for the blocking of property and interests in property, and their immediate family members, as well as aliens determined by the Secretary of State to be employed by, or acting as an agent of, such aliens determined to meet the criteria.
I am enclosing a copy of the order I have issued.
DONALD J. TRUMP
唐納德 · J· 川普