Correction: AMA appeared to have not adopted the resolution regarding using HCQ for Covid-19. As a result, the story was adjusted. But our stance on HCQ has not changed. We apologize for the mistake.
After more than 300,000 lives lost, the American Medical Association (AMA) may rescind hydroxychloroquine prevention order so that doctors can now prescribe Hydroxychloroquine tablets (HCQ) to cure and prevent the Covid-19, as documented in its November 2020 handbook resolution.
In the resolution, AMA may:
- Admit benefits of using HCQ for Covid-19 treatment outweigh its risk;
- Rescind its statement calling for physicians to stop prescribing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine until sufficient evidence becomes available to conclusively illustrate that the harm associated with use outweighs benefit early in the disease course;
- Rescind its joint statement with the American Pharmacists Association and American Society of Health System Pharmacists, and update it with a joint statement notifying patients that further studies are ongoing to clarify any potential benefit of hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for the treatment of Covid-19;
- Reassure the patients whose physicians are prescribing hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for their early-stage COVID-19 diagnosis by issuing an updated statement clarifying support for a physician’s ability to prescribe an FDA approved medication for off label use, if it is in her/his best clinical judgment, with specific reference to the use of hydroxychloroquine and combination therapies for the early-stage treatment of Covid-19.
A Fox News report has summarized major events that politicized the use of HCQ for Covid-19 treatment, by the media and politicians.
Dr. Zelenko, one of the loudest voices advocating HCQ as treatment and prophylaxis for Covid-19, roared his anger on Twitter about the decision that AMA made to bar doctors from prescribing HCQ before. He called AMA “Amerian Murder Association”.
He is also calling for a class action against those holding people back from using HCQ for Covid-19 treatment and prophylaxis. We are not sure who is on the list of legal battles he intends to wage the war (with “No Mercy”), but it likely includes medical associations, academia and pharmacy companies.
We need to find out the role of scientists playing in the oppression of HCQ and the cover-up of the pandemic, so that real experts would be employed to facilitate the ultimate resolution for the pandemic.
Those who obstructed the use of this over 70-year old drug with decades of safety record need to be investigated. Why did they do all they can to suppress a drug that can potentially end this pandemic ?
- Is it about making President Trump look bad? (And rescinding the ban now to make ‘President-elect’ Biden look good?
- Is it about justifying the billions of dollars spent on vaccine research?
- Is it about prolonging the pandemic to benefit the perpetrator who allowed the virus to spread to the world (the Chinese Communist Party)?
Author: River|Himalaya Scholar
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of GNEWS.org.