1. The Philippines announced Friday, May 20, that it had established three coasts Guard posts on three islands in the disputed South China Sea.
2. The U.S. Justice Department indicted Wang Shujun, vice chairman of the Hu Yaobang and Zhao Ziyang Memorial Foundation, and four Officials from China’s Ministry of State Security for allegedly engaging in espionage and transnational dissident suppression activities in the United States.
3. U.S. President Joe Biden welcomed and supported the two countries’ bid to join NATO and reaffirmed their commitment to defending NATO territory.
4. After years of failure, Boeing’s Starline spacecraft blasted off today on a crucial uncrewed mission to dock with the International Space Station.
5.The World Health Organization (WHO) considers closing its Moscow office.
6. Canada will exclude Chinese telecom giants Huawei and ZTE from its 5G wireless network because of national security concerns, Canadian officials said Thursday (May 19).
7. A journalistic investigation carried out by Deutsche Welle, and other media partners have revealed collaboration between researchers at several European universities and academics with close ties to the People’s Liberation Army.
8. A supplier of optical terminal equipment has announced that two experimental Mandrake 2 satellites deployed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) have successfully achieved laser communication in low-earth orbit.
The above information is from the network, for reference only.
Original Link: https://gnewsapp.com/post/p2565538/
Edited by: Lish
More Information from Australia Melbourne Athena Farm：
Australia Melbourne Athena Farm Twitter：
Australia Melbourne Athena Farm Gettr：
Australia Melbourne Athena Farm YouTube
Australia Melbourne Athena Farm Discord