1. The change of the Philippine president may trigger a political tug-of-war between the U.S. and China. The Philippines is strategically located at the southern end of the first island chain, near Taiwan, and in the vicinity of the South China Sea and the Philippine Sea, where commercial traffic and Chinese ships enter and exit the Pacific Ocean.
2. A Chinese immigrant to the United States opened fire at a church frequented by Taiwanese Americans in California on Sunday, killing one and wounding five, U.S. police said Monday, with AFP saying he was motivated by political hatred of Taiwan and its people. However, the official Chinese Communist Party media said nothing about it.
3. According to media reports, more than 300 foreign companies have decided to withdraw from Russia, and more than 1,000 have to adjust their strategy toward Russia.
4．Finland and Sweden announced their historic decision to join NATO as a direct cause of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Sunday and Monday, respectively, with Finnish reservists urgently training to face any Russian threat.
5. Since Monday, Russia’s offensive in the Donbas has intensified with heavy fighting in Severodonetsk, a key administrative center still controlled by Ukrainian forces, leaving ten people dead.
6．Japan’s Defense Ministry’s Unification Shogunate Supervision Department said on the 16th that Communist Chinese aircraft carriers have taken off and landed their carrier aircraft more than 200 times near Okinawa.
7．An analysis of satellite imagery shows that Communist China continues to actively build facilities on the disputed Subi Reef in the South China Sea, an American geospatial intelligence company said. In March, the head of U.S. Indo-Pacific Command said that China had fully militarized at least three of the islands and reefs it built in the South China Sea, including Subi Reef.
8．The U.S. State Department announced on May 16 that it plans to ease several restrictions on Cuba, mainly related to immigration, finance and air travel.
9. On May 17, Liu Leguo(刘乐国), former deputy director of the Liaoning Provincial Public Security Bureau, was investigated. Previously, three directors of the Liaoning Provincial Public Security Department fell from power, and three Dalian Public Security Bureau directors were investigated.
The above information is from the Internet and is for reference only.
Edited by: Lish
More Information from Australia Melbourne Athena Farm：
Australia Melbourne Athena Farm Twitter：
Australia Melbourne Athena Farm Gettr：
Australia Melbourne Athena Farm YouTube
Australia Melbourne Athena Farm Discord