Himalaya Moscow Katyusha (RU) Ladin
I.The Federal State of China News
1.On January 19, the Trump administration announced that the Communist Party of China had committed genocide and crimes against humanity against Uighurs in Xinjiang. U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo on Twitter: “I have decided that the People’s Republic of China has committed genocide and crimes against humanity against Uighur Muslims and other religious and ethnic minorities in Xinjiang. These acts are an insult to the Chinese people and all civilized countries around the world. The People’s Republic of China and the Communist Party of China must be held accountable.
The US State Department has officially convicted the Chinese Communist government of genocide and crimes against humanity, and since 2002, eight heads of state have been convicted of crimes against humanity, including Saddam Hussein and Muammar el-Qaddafi, none of whom escaped international trial. The document issued by the State Department places the Chinese Communist Party in the face of humanity and identifies Xi Jinping’s crimes as its leader. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s issuance of this document is a very important step in the elimination of the Communist Party of China and will reorient Sino-US relations.
2.On January 19, Blinken, the Secretary of State of the new U.S. government, said that President Trump was right to take a tough attitude towards the Communist Party of China and supported Secretary Pompeo’s decision to determine that the Communist Party of China had committed a “genocide” in Xinjiang. Blinken’s statement foreshadows that the attitude of the incoming new government towards the Communist Party of China may maintain the current tone of the response.
3. On January 19, the U.S. Senate Military Committee and the Homeland Security Committee held confirmation hearings of President-elect Biden’s Secretary of Defense and Secretary of Homeland Security nominees, respectively. Austin, the nominee of U.S. Secretary of Defense, said that Communist China is the number one threat to the United States.
4.On January 19, the 2020 annual evaluation report released by the German Chamber of Commerce and Commerce showed that the Communist Party of China has replaced France as Germany’s second-largest export market. Merkel has previously been exposed to promote a China-EU investment agreement conditional on Deutsche Telekom’s entry into the Chinese market. On January 19, it was reported that Merkel has been likely to help the Communist Party of China just reach a new agreement with the European Union, which, if passed by the European Parliament, would lead to a large amount of cash flow from the Communist Party of China into the European Common Market.
5.According to media reports, China’s procurement commitments fell short of the first anniversary of the US-China trade deal. As required by the agreement, the Communist China agreed to purchase about $159 billion of American goods by the end of 2020. According to the analysis conducted by the Peterson Institute of International Economics, as of November 2020, Communist China actually purchased about $82 billion of goods from the United States, achieving only about 52% of the above target.
6.Elliott, one of the world’s most respected hedge funds, will close its Hong Kong office, becoming one of the first large financial institutions to close its business in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong government’s continuous suppression of so-called subversion of state power or foreign “intervention” has raised market concerns about Hong Kong’s future as a global financial center.
7.Japanese media reported on January 19 that the Communist Party of China and Pakistan have fallen into their worst differences on the Belt and Road Initiative, which has led to the postponement of the annual bilateral summit of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). The delay was initially caused by the CCP coronavirus outbreak, but later, the differences between China and Pakistan over the Route 1 railway project and the Special Economic Zone became the main cause
II. World News
1. U.S. Senate Republican Leader McConnell claimed on January 19 that President Trump “inspires” thousands of supporters to storm Congress on January 6, trying but failing to prevent Congress from certifying Democrat Joe Biden from winning the November election. McConnell’s shocking remarks may be regarded as a clear signal of the Republican caucus, and hours later, it was reported that President Trump, and “familiar people” were discussing the formation of a new party.
2. Gina Haspel, suspected of covering up the fact that the Communist Party of China interfered in the 2020 election, resigned as the director of the CIA on January 19. Hasper also personally intercepted the declassification of Russian documents.
3. The U.S. Embassy in Berlin officially sent a note to the German federal government on January 18, announcing that sanctions will be imposed on the Russian-registered ” Fortuna”pipe-laying vessel from the 19th. The U.S. Embassy in Berlin issued a statement saying that the United States will continue to “firmly take all necessary and appropriate measures to stop the Nord Stream 2 project, which threatens the vital national interests of the United States and its European allies.
4. The 148th Executive Committee of the World Health Organization was held from January 18 to January 26 in the form of an all-video conference. On the first day of the meeting on January 18, the United States called on Communist China to hand over coronavirus information. It further publicly affirmed Taiwan’s epidemic prevention experience and contributed on 19th Jan, stressing that Taiwan should become Observers participate in WHO.
5. President Trump decided to pardon Mr. Bannon in the last hours of leaving the White House, which he said was one of the last actions in his term. According to other sources, President Trump gave up the idea of pardoning himself and his family at the last minute.
6. Malwarebytes, a U.S. cybersecurity firm, said that it was hacked last year by the same hacker organization (UNC2452/Dark Halo) against SolarWinds. This is the fourth security company to be hacked by SolarWinds. President Trump issued an executive order on January 19 aimed at restricting foreign intervention forces from using U.S. network infrastructure as a service solution.
7. President Trump officially declassified a large number of “exchange of fire hurricane” documents through Russia on the evening of January 19, which are expected to be released on January 20 despite the opposition of the FBI.