Reporter: B.Star Contributor: Rica Reviewer: Rica
An Intelligence Community Election Security Analysis from the Director of National Intelligence (DNI), John Ratcliffe, was released, alleging that the Chinese government interfered in the 2020 U.S. election in its conclusion.
It analyzed the corresponding behavior between China and Russia. Those who dare to tell the truth were under intense pressure.
Here are some key points in the analysis:
- The majority view of the Intelligence Community analysis did not fully and accurately reflect the scope of the Chinese government’s efforts to interfere the 2020 US Election.
- Ombudsman, a government-appointed official, found that the report on the China analysts was hesitant to assess Chinese actions as undue influence or interference.
- CIA officials rejected the National Intelligence Council (NIC) coordination comments and tried to downplay alternative analysis in their production during the drafting stage of this document.
- CIA management took actions “pressuring to withdraw their support” from the alternative viewpoint on China “in an attempt to suppress it.
- The analysts applied inconsistent standards across Russia and China analytic communities.
“In that same spirit, I am adding my voice in support of the stated minority view – based on all available sources of intelligence, with definitions consistently applied, and reached independent of political considerations or undue pressure – that the People’s Republic of China sought to influence the 2020 U.S. federal elections, and raising the need for the Intelligence Community to address the underlying issues with China reporting outlined above. ” John concluded.