Himalaya Moscow Katyusha Sydney
The New Federal State of China news
1. On 8 January, the US Treasury Department’s OFAC updated the list of the Chinese military-related enterprises under sanctions. China State Shipbuilding Corporation, where Elaine Lan Chao’s father and her sister served as the director of the company are included in the list (PDF). Elaine Lan Chao resigned as Secretary of Transportation on Jan. 7th.
2. In the past few days, the entire mainland has entered a very cold winter. Following the sudden power outage in Beijing on January 6, there was also a sudden power outage in some areas of Shanghai, Shaanxi, Shandong and other provinces and cities on the evening of January 7, which caused heating to be cut off, and local residents cried out in the cold.
3.The Chinese Communist Party has been actively developing video surveillance in recent years, and the number of monitors it has installed is the highest in the world. According to a new report by foreign VPN company “Surfshark”, the city with the highest number of surveillance cameras in the world is Beijing, with 1.15 million cameras, and among the top 10 cities with the highest density of surveillance cameras, the Communist Party of China also has 6 of them.
4. The epidemic in Hebei province has expanded. On January 9, the Communist Hebei Province news conference on the prevention and control of CCP virus said that by 8 a.m. on January 9, 11,708 people had been placed under centralized quarantine in Shijiazhuang, with 120 isolation sites in place. It is also revealed that the authorities have taken the opportunity to issue a notice on the control of what it calls “underground Catholic forces,” demanding the seizure and banning of “illegal activity sites,” and “local education and conversion” of underground Catholic clergy. The official Catholic Church in the city of Shijiazhuang issued a statement denying that the outbreak in Shijiazhuang was linked to the Catholic church
5.The Chinese Communist’s embassy in the United States on Thursday (January 7) argued for the Xinjiangauthorities’ policy on women belonging to the local Uighur and other Muslim minority, asserting that re-education camps in the region have helped the imprisoned women liberate their minds. Chinese Communist Party authorities have strongly denied allegations that Uighur and other Muslim minority women are being subjected to mass sterilization.
6. Denmark’s largest media outlet, the Danish newspaper Politiken, reported on January 8 that Hong Kong authorities are investigating the responsibility of two Danish lawmakers who assisted Hong Kong District Councilor Xu Zhifeng absconded abroad and are trying to have them extradited to Hong Kong for trial. The move will further strain relations between Denmark and the Chinese Communist Party.
7.The Renminbi hit a 31-month high against the US dollar after breaking below 6.5 in January 7. But the exchange rate has hit the bottom line under pressure from the Communist party’s domestic and foreign trading companies, reducing margins to negative.
1. President Donald Trump tweeted a video on January 8th , in which he said “America must and always will be a country of law and order.” “We have to get on with the business of America, and my campaign will pursue every legal avenue to try to win the election,” he said. “My sole objective is to ensure the integrity of the election. I’m doing this to defend America’s democracy.” “I know you’re disappointed, but I also want you to know that we’ve just begun this incredible journey.” (Chinese version of speech @gnews)
President Donald Trump tweeted a video of his speech on January 8, saying, “The United States must, and will always be a country that maintains Law and Order. “We have to continue to deal with America’s affairs and[at the same time] my campaign will do everything in its power to win the election through various legal means. My sole objective is to ensure the fairness of the election, and I am doing this to defend American democracy.” “I know you’re disappointed, but I also want you to know that our incredible journey is just beginning
2. Twitter permanently blocks Trump’s account on January 8. Before the restriction, President Trump postedtwo tweets, the penultimate of which he wrote: “There are 75 million great American patriots who voted for me, America first, make America great again, and they will make a huge noise for a long time. They will not accept any form of disrespect and injustice. “The last tweet, he revealed that he would not attend Biden’s inauguration on January 20
3. Mr. Bannon’s well known podcast channel Warroom was suspended by the YouTube team on Friday (January 8). YouTube said the program repeatedly violated the rules of Google-owned platforms.
4. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday she spoke with Army General Robert Miller, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. A spokesman for General Miller confirmed the conversation, but did not provide specific details. “Speaker Pelosi initiated a call with the chairman,” the spokesman said. He answered her question about the nuclear order authorization.”
5. Big tech companies are suspected of suppressing the voice of conservative forces across the board. Google said late on January 8 that Parler, a social networking platform popular with conservative Americans, has been banned from the Google Play app store. Apple also sent a formal letter to Parler on January 8, demanding Parler to submit an update and come up with a content correction plan within 24 hours, or it will take down Parler from the app store.
6. Dominion Voting Systems filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia against Attorney General Sidney Powell, alleging that her extensive and unfounded conspiracy theories caused both damage to the company’s reputation and death threats to its employees. Dominion is seeking $1.3 billion in damages.Lawyer Sidney Powell has given evidence that the company helped Biden cheat in the presidential election.
7. London Mayor Sadiq Khan declared a “major incident” in the UK capital on Friday (Jan 8) because of a severe outbreak of the CCP virus. He warned that London’s hospitals would be overwhelmed if people do not stay at home.