Hong Kong Signs of the Times
An English-language live broadcasting programme by the Himalaya U.K.
Co-hosts: Sky Sun and Dr. Ming
Source: Hong Kong Promotion Channel, Himalaya UK discord server
Hong Kong protesters, particularly young boys and girls, are fighting at the frontline against the most evil and barbaric regime in human history – the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
Hong Kong protests are not a local issue. Now that the National Security Law allows the CCP’s oppressive tentacles to reach every corner of the world, it concerns the safety of you, me and anyone who values freedom, democracy and rule of law.
Let us unite, stand and fight with Hong Kong. Only in this way can we hope for a free life and bright future for ourselves and our children.
Ep 1 – Hong Kong pro-democracy protests 2019
- 9th June: The beginning of anti-extradition bill protests in Hong Kong.
- 16th June: Nearly two million people took part in a mass protest against the extradition bill.
- 29th June: Protesters chanted ‘Free Hong Kong’ at demonstration coinciding with G20 Summit in Osaka Japan.
- 1st July: Anniversary of the handover of sovereignty of Hong Kong to China. The LegCo was occupied by the protesters.
- 21st July: The 21st July Incident saw dozens of people injured after a mob in white shirts turned up at Yuan Long station and indiscriminately beat up commuters, reporters and protesters taking train home. Evidence shows the mob colluded with the police force and pro-Beijing law-maker Junius Ho.
- 18th Aug: An estimated 1.7 million people protested in HK.
- 31st Aug: Prince Edward MTR station incident – riot police stormed the metro station, using batons to beat passengers.
- 22nd Sept: The naked corpse of 15-year-old Chan Yin-lam was found floating in the sea near Yau Tong.
- 28th Sept: A rally was held by the Civil Human Rights Front to commemorate with the 5th anniversary of the start of the Umbrella Revolution.
- 8th Nov: Chow Tsz-lok died at 8:09am at the age of 22.
- 12th Nov: For the entire day, the police clashed with the protesters in Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- 17th Nov: Clashes occurred at the Polytechnic University.
- 18th Nov: Police entered the PolyU campus at 5:30 am.
7:30 11th Nov – 22:00 15th Nov (110 hours)
Major clash: 19:30 12th Nov – 2:00 13th Nov (6 hours)
7:30 13th Nov – 12:20 29th Nov (16 days)
Multi-partisan British parliament Hong Kong group issued a report evidenced of Hong Kong police force intimidating, harassing, harming, detaining humanitarian workers as well as violating rights of the citizens. The report suggested the government to sanction Hong Kong chief officials and carry out independent inquiry into the police’s violence abuse.
With no freedom, I would rather die.
Liberate Hong Kong. Revolution of our time.
Keep on fighting till the last breath.
Sometimes I am also frightened. Sometimes I am also disappointed and frustrated. Sometimes I am also lazy. Sometimes I am also tired. Sometimes I also want to withdraw and give up … There are hundreds and thousands of reasons to go away. But there is one reason to stay – I love Hong Kong.
Edited by：【Himalaya Hawk Squad】