Translator: Boston Mayflower – ChongTianYiNu
CCTV News: On October 8, the National Development and Reform Commission asked the public for public opinions on the “Market Access Negative List (2021 Edition)”. The draft for comments mentioned that it is prohibited to carry out news media-related businesses in violation of regulations.
1. Non-public capital shall not engage in news gathering, editing, and broadcasting business.
2. Non-public capital shall not invest in the establishment and operation of news organizations, including but not limited to news services, newspaper publishing units, radio and television broadcasting organizations, radio and television stations, and Internet news information collection, editing and publishing service organizations.
3. Non-public capital shall not operate the layout, frequency, channel, column, officials accounts, etc. of news organizations.
4. Non-public capital shall not engage in live broadcast business of activities and events involving politics, economy, military, diplomacy, major society events, culture, science and technology, healthcare, education, sports, and other related political directions, public opinion, and value orientation.
5. Non-public capital shall not introduce news released by overseas entities.
6. Non-public capital is not allowed to hold forum, summits, and award selection activities in the field of news and public opinion.
(This article only represents the views of the author and is not affiliated with GNews)
Source Provider: WenYong
Edit & Publish: jamie