- Author: peacelv
- Editor: Jenny Ball
Five-Year Plan, the full name is the Five-Year Plan for National economy and society development, has been in effect since 1953 and is the core plan of the CCP with a five-year plan implementation cycle and the goal of strengthening national power, now planned and implemented by the CCP National Development and Reform Commission, and can be likened to the Roosevelt New Deal during the period 1933-1938. 2016-2020 is its thirteenth five-year plan (referred to as the “Thirteenth Five-Year Plan”).
The plan is supported by the central and local treasuries, the Foundation Board, and various local government science and technology funds. The five-year plan in turn contains sub-projects under it called the National Key R&D Program. In general, the CCP’s Five-Year Plan is the largest in scope and basically includes the other two plans, which can be understood as the 973 Program and the National Key R&D Program for Infectious Disease Control (a sub-project of the National Science and Technology Major Project), all of which are sub-projects of the CCP’s Five-Year Plan. These are sub-programs of the five-year plan of the CCP.
Statistics of national major special projects of the 13th Five-Year Plan from 2016-2018 compiled from public information on the Internet (This table is incomplete, and there are still unpublished confidential projects), including those named “Protein Machine and Life Process Regulation” (No. YFA05), “Key Technology R&D for Biosafety” (No. YFC12) and three different subject categories named “Prevention and Control of Major Livestock and Poultry Diseases and Integrated Technology Development for Efficient and Safe Farming” (No. YFD05) involve a large number of research topics related to viruses. The content of these topics and their participants should be an important direction for COVID-19 investigation.
Based on media information and government disclosures, the 2016 Virus Program is a successor to the CCP’s 2005-2015 Virus Program and is included in the CCP ‘s 13th Five-Year Plan and the 2016 Communicable Disease Control Program. This section will present the details of the 2016 Viral Program, as well as provide some perspective based on the implied messages behind them.
The project information of 2016 Virus Project
|Project||Study on the mechanism of cross-species infection and transmission of major outbreaks of human-animal infectious diseases of animal origin(重大突发动物源性人兽共患病跨种感染与传播机制研究)|
|Major Scientist||Wenjie Tan谭文杰(Institute of Viral Disease Prevention and Control, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention)|
|Project Start Time||2016, Dec|
|Implementation Cycle||5 yeara|
|Project Fund||4200 RMB yuan|
|Status of Subject Leader||There are 7 subjects, 17 completion units, 22 subject/subject leaders|
|Completion Unit (Original order)||1. Institute of Viral Disease Prevention and Control, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention(中国疾病预防控制中心病毒病预防控制所)|
2. Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences(中国科学院动物研究所)
3. Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences(中国科学院微生物研究所)
4. Institute of Pathogen Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences(中国医学科学院病原生物学研究所)
5. Institute of Medical Laboratory Animals, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences(中国医学科学院医学实验动物研究所)
6. Institute of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences(中国医学科学院医药生物技术研究所)
7. Institute of Microbial Epidemiology, Chinese People’s Liberation Army Academy of Military Medical Sciences(中国人民解放军军事医学科学院微生物流行病研究所)
8. Yunnan Academy of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science(云南省畜牧兽医科学院)
9. Suzhou Institute of Systemic Medicine, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences(中国医学科学院苏州系统医学研究所)
10. ShanTou University(汕头大学)
11. Tsinghua University(清华大学)
12. Shenyang Agricultural University(沈阳农业大学)
13. Northwest Agriculture and Forestry University of Science and Technology(西北农林科技大学)
14. Changzhou Nanjing University High-Tech Research Institute(常州南京大学高新技术研究院)
15. Tianjin University(天津大学)
16. Central South University(中南大学)
17. Hunan University(湖南大学)