Ⅰ. The New Federal State of China News
1. Iowa Republican Joni Ernst demanded on May 8 that Chinese Communist Party (CCP) “stop their cover-up” of the origins of the coronavirus and called for a complete investigation to prevent a “recurrence.”
2. A document titled The Unnatural Origin of SARS and New Species of Man-Made Viruses as Genetic Bioweapons, written by Chinese scientists and Chinese public health officials in 2015, discussed the weaponization of SARS coronaviruses. It postulates a World War III scenario fought with biological weapons, By Newsmax, May 8.
3. On Friday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said China has “deputized” major U.S. companies to push for policies that help China and stated that he doesn’t think Apple CEO Tim Cook can freely say what he thinks about China and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg doesn’t want to get on China’s bad side.
4. The radical restructuring of the Marine Corps in Hawaii to better deter China in the western Pacific includes the planned removal of all 16 tanklike amphibious vehicles and elimination of all cannon artillery.
5. The Biden administration is examining ways to ensure that a waiver of COVID-19 vaccine patents to aid poor countries will not hand sensitive U.S. biopharmaceutical technology to China and Russia, responding to a chorus of concerns, U.S. and industry officials say.
6. CCP’s space agency said a core segment of its biggest rocket re-entered Earth’s atmosphere above the Maldives in the Indian Ocean and most of it burned up early Sunday. NASA Administrator Sen. Bill Nelson issued a statement saying: “It is clear that China is failing to meet responsible standards regarding their space debris.”
7. German Chancellor Angela Merkel weighed in against a U.S. proposal to waive patent protections for Covid-19 vaccines, casting doubt on whether the idea has enough international support to become a reality. The U.S. plan would create “severe complications” for the production of vaccines, a German government spokeswoman said on May 6 in an email. Without the incentive of profits from research and development spending, drugmakers might not move as aggressively to make vaccines in the future, the industry has argued.
8. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP), which viciously opposed travel bans during the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, when its actions ensured the Wuhan coronavirus would infect the rest of the world — on Thursday agitated for isolating its regional rival India from the rest of the world to contain its coronavirus outbreak.
9. A spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry on Thursday refused to answer if China would consider releasing patent protection from its coronavirus vaccines so they could be manufactured worldwide, as the U.S. government has proposed.
10. China’s ambassador to the U.S. on Friday cited the presence of “social media influencers” in China’s western territory of Xinjiang as proof “stability has returned” to the region since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched a genocide against Muslim Uyghurs in the territory in 2017.
11. CCP should consider long-range strikes in the event of war with the West, according to CCP’s mouthpiece Global Times that threatened a potential Chinese bombardment of “Australian soil.”
II. World News
1. US’s Biggest Gasoline Pipeline Halted After Cyber Attack. In a statement, Colonial Pipeline said the attack took place Friday and also affected some of its information technology systems. The company describes itself as the largest refined products pipeline in the United States.
2. India reported highest daily death toll 4,187 people On Saturday, weeks after the start of the world’s worst wave of coronavirus cases, people are being deprived of hospital beds, oxygen and medicine. In all, nearly 240,000 people in India have died from COVID-19, with infections reported exceeding 21 million. certainly underestimated.
Himalaya Moscow Katyusha (RU) YinHe